Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Gray Hair

I haven't quite figured it out........why is it okay to color your hair but it's NOT okay to just let it go gray? I have had some gray hair since I was in my early 30's and I used to color it. In the last year after pretty much fighting a losing battle with gray hair I have decided to just let it do what it wants to do. The biggest problem with this is the looks that people enjoy throwing my way. The seem to say, "Have you not looked in the mirror lately?" "Are you too poor to get your hair done?" "Don't you want to look nice for your husband?" "Are you depressed?" The answer I want to throw back is, "Do you hate what you look like so bad that you have to color it up and try to be someone your not?" Of course I wouldn't say that, but people really don't find it impolite to ask about gray hair. I decided that if the truth be told I like gray hair. My hair is coming in gray in patches right now, but as soon as it evens up it is going to look GREAT! Why can we not accept what is natural? Why can men go gray and everyone thinks it looks distinguished , but when a woman goes gray she just looks old and frumpy? This is who I am!! This is what God has fashioned me to look like! Embrace me and my hair or I will have to get my cane out and knock some sense into your colored head.

No comments: